Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 6/21/15 – 6/27/15.
Articles & Blogs
- A pairing experiment for sharing knowledge between agile teams – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-pairing-experiment-for-sharing.html
- Automated Database Testing – Phillip Heath – http://www.thattestingguy.com/?p=82
- Blog: On Red – Michael Bolton – http://www.developsense.com/blog/2015/06/on-red/
- Blog: What Is A Tester? – Michael Bolton – http://www.developsense.com/blog/2015/06/what-is-a-tester/
- Blog while testing, an experiment of a way to test – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/06/blog-while-testing-experiment-of-way-to.html
- How to test mobile responsive design applications – Matthew Heusser & Justin Rohrman – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/tip/How-to-test-mobile-responsive-design-applications
- Introducing an Exploratory approach in your workplace – Martial Testing – http://www.martialtesting.com/post/122310170429/introducing-an-exploratory-approach-in-your
- It’s all about bugs, right? So what are they? – Jean–Paul Varwijk – http://arborosa.org/2015/06/21/its-all-about-bugs-right-so-what-are-they/
- Software testing humor and jokes that brighten your day – Part 2 – Thanh Huynh – http://www.asktester.com/software-testing-humor-and-jokes-that-brighten-your-day-part-2/
- Startup Series: Why You Should Test At Your Startup – Rajit – http://testhuddle.com/startup-series-why-you-should-test-at-your-startup/
- Test Strategy – a pile of paper or actually something useful? – Kristoffer Nordström – http://blog.northerntest.se/test-strategy-a-pile-of-paper-or-actually-something-useful/
- Testing Certifications – Are they worth the paper they are written on? – Simon Prior – https://priorsworld.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/testing-certifications-are-they-worth-the-paper-they-are-written-on/
- Testing Location Mocking on Android Devices (Open Source) – Lukas Fryc – http://blog.testmunk.com/testing-location-mocking-on-android-devices-calabash-open-source/
- The 5s Methodology to Testing – Gareth Waterhouse – http://www.testingthewaterhouse.com/2015/06/the-5s-methodology-to-testing.html
- The Definitive Guide to Crowdsourced Testing (for Testers and Companies) – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/guide-to-crowdsourced-testing/
- What skills should we learn & teach to build quality in? – Lisa Crispin – http://lisacrispin.com/2015/06/27/what-skills-should-we-learn-teach-to-build-quality-in/
- When it comes to delivering the best possible user experience, how fast is fast enough? – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/website-monitoring-fast-enough-user-experience/
- Why Bug Reporting is an Art That Should Be Learned by Every Tester? – Bhumika Mehta – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/why-bug-reporting-is-an-art-that-should-be-learned-by-every-tester/
- Add some ‘Weight’ to your Selenium Tests with ‘Waits’! – Part 3: Fluent Waits – James Willett – http://james-willett.com/2015/06/add-some-weight-to-your-selenium-tests-with-waits-part-3-fluent-waits/
- Selenium is now on GitHub – T.J. Maher – http://adventuresinautomation.blogspot.com/2015/06/selenium-is-now-on-github.html
- Sending emails with Python and MailGun – Kristoffer Nordström – http://blog.northerntest.se/sending-emails-with-python-and-mailgun/
- The Best Resources for Learning Selenium Quickly – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/06/22/the-best-resources-for-learning-selenium-quickly/
- Why Selenium Should Be Your UI Test Tool – Justin Rohrman – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/why-selenium-should-be-your-ui-test-tool
- Review: Driving While Driven: The Way of the Skilled Tester – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/06/24/review-driving-while-driven-the-way-of-the-skilled-tester/
- Star Canada – Alan Page – http://angryweasel.com/blog/star-canada/
- TITAN is coming to Karlskrona – Kristoffer Nordström – http://blog.northerntest.se/titan-is-coming-to-karlskrona/
- What happens when a wannabe rockstar does a lightning talk? – Pekka Marjamäki – http://how-do-i-test.blogspot.com/2015/06/what-happens-when-wannabe-rockstar-does.html
Attention Ohio Testers:
6/30 – Dublin, Ohio – Software QA & Testing Meetup – “Let’s Talk Testing, An Open Discussion” – facilitated by Matt Hutchison – http://bit.ly/1GjtB9o
- Magazine: Software Testing Magazine – Testing Circus June 2015 Edition – Ajoy Kumar Singha – http://www.testingcircus.com/june-2015/
- Podcast: Ep 7: To fight the bug, we must understand the bug – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/06/25/ep-7-to-fight-the-bug-we-must-understand-the-bug/
- ISO 29119 Petition – http://www.commonsensetesting.org/news/files/PetitionISO29119.html
- Professional Tester’s Manifesto – http://www.professionaltestersmanifesto.org/
Do you have a conference or event you would like to have added to this list? Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to email@example.com or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product this year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2015!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!