Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 9/27/15 – 10/3/15.
Articles & Blogs
- An Open Letter to Developers – Ashley Hunsberger – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/10/an-open-letter-to-developers/
- Are QA Engineers Becoming Extinct? – T.J. Maher – http://adventuresinautomation.blogspot.com/2015/09/are-qa-engineers-becoming-extinct.html
- Back-to-school ecommerce report card: Retailers’ performance “sweet spot” now 2 seconds for both mobile and desktop – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/back-to-school-website-performance-monitoring/
- Becoming a Keynote Speaker – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/09/becoming-keynote-speaker.html
- Bugs Are So Yesterday – Philip Heath – http://www.thattestingguy.com/bugs-are-so-yesterday/
- Crowdtesting: A Personal Account – Yaron Kottler – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/crowdtesting-personal-account
- How Software Testers Can Teach, Share and Play with Others – Justin Rohrman – http://blog.smartbear.com/testcomplete/how-software-testers-can-teach-share-and-play-with-others/
- How To Do Test Automation Like A Developer? – Alex Siminuic – http://testhuddle.com/how-to-do-test-automation-like-a-developer/
- Natural laziness and “It works on my machine” – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/09/natural-laziness-and-it-works-on-my.html
- Performance Testing in Continuous Delivery – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/09/performance-testing-in-continuous.html
- Q&A with Alison Wade: President of Conferences, Training & Consulting at TechWell & Founder of Women Who Test – Emily Aliberti – http://blog.utest.com/2015/09/27/qa-with-alison-wade-president-of-conferences-training-and-consulting-at-techwell-and-founder-of-women-who-test/
- Tester Specialist, Technology Generalist – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/10/tester-specialist-technology-generalist-2/
- Testers as Generalists with Specialist Tendencies – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/09/testers-as-generalists-with-specialist-tendencies/
- Testing skills #3 – Leading Teams – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/09/testing-skills-3-leading-teams.html
- The scandal blows up in Volkswagen’s face – James Christie – https://clarotesting.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/the-volkswagen-emissions-scandal-responsible-software-testing/
- Writing Conference Proposals – Helena Jeret-Mäe – https://thepainandgainofedwardbear.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/writing-conference-proposals/
- 37 Things You Should Know About Appium – Ville-Veikko Helppi – http://testdroid.com/news/37-things-you-should-know-about-appium
- Advanced Locator Strategies – Isaac Murchie – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/09/advanced-locator-strategies/
- Appium Tip #1: How to Get Started, Setup and Run Your First Tests – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-1-how-to-get-started-setup-and-run-your-first-tests
- Appium Tip #2: Using Python to Upload and Configure Your Apps and Tests – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-2-using-python-to-upload-and-configure-your-apps-and-tests
- How to Record Video for Your Selenium Tests Using FFmpeg – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/09/28/how-to-record-video-for-your-selenium-tests-using-ffmpeg/
- How to Test Web Application Security Using Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) – Hands on Review – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/acunetix-web-vulnerability-scanner-wvs-review/
- Open Source Database Testing Tools – Software Testing Magazine – http://www.softwaretestingmagazine.com/tools/open-source-database-testing-tools/
- Use Ranorex When Automating Windows Applications – Alex Siminuic – http://test-able.blogspot.com/2013/02/use-ranorex-when-automating-windows-apps.html
- Writing Selenium Tests for Cucumber Tests – Stan Taylor – http://www.stantaylor.us/agiletesting/2015/10/writing-selenium-test-steps-for-cucumber-tests
- BBST Foundations Week 3 In Review – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/bbst-foundations-week-3-in-review/
- Meet the STARWEST Keynote Speakers – Jamie Whalen – http://blog.utest.com/2015/09/29/meet-the-starwest-keynote-speakers/
- Mobile App Europe Summary and Slides – Daniel Knott – http://adventuresinqa.com/2015/09/30/mobile-app-europe-summary-and-slides/
- Review: Testworks Conf 2015 – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/review-testworks-conf-2015/
- Magazine: 5th Anniversary Edition – Testing Circus – Ajoy Kumar Singha – http://www.testingcircus.com/september-2015/
- Podcast: Ep 21: Best laid plans – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/10/01/ep-21-best-laid-plans/
- Podcast: EPISODE 71: Python For Embedded Systems and More [PODCAST] – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/09/30/episode-71-python-for-embedded-systems-and-more-podcast/
- Podcast: Testing in the Pub Episode 21 – Mobile Testing, Live From Mobile Europe App – Stephen Janaway, Dan Ashby – http://testinginthepub.co.uk/testinginthepub/testing/testing-in-the-pub-episode-21-mobile-testing-live-from-mobile-app-europe
- ISO 29119 Petition – http://www.commonsensetesting.org/news/files/PetitionISO29119.html
- Professional Tester’s Manifesto – http://www.professionaltestersmanifesto.org/
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product this year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2015!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!