Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 10/4/15 – 10/10/15.
Articles & Blogs
- Audio Testing – Automatic Gain Control – Patrik Höglund – http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2015/10/audio-testing-automatic-gain-control.html
- Automated Verifications are Special, and Why This Is Important – Matt Griscom – http://metaautomation.blogspot.com/2015/10/automated-verifications-are-special-and.html
- Contributing in mob programming as a non-programmer – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/10/contributing-in-mob-programming-as-non.html
- Dialectical Materialism in Testing – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/05/dialectical-materialism-in-testing/
- Don’t Disable Zoom – Adrian Roselli – http://adrianroselli.com/2015/10/dont-disable-zoom.html
- Follow the work – bad news for Test Managers? – Rob Lambert – http://thesocialtester.co.uk/follow-the-work-bad-news-for-test-managers/
- From Co-Creation to Collaboration – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/10/from-co-creation-to-collaboration.html
- Future Of Testing And Automation: The Role Of The Tester In 2020 – Kishen Simbhoedatpanday – http://blog.xebia.com/2015/10/08/future-of-testing-and-automation-the-role-of-the-tester-in-2020/
- How Testing Fits Into DevOps, Because It’s Here to Stay – Justin Rohrman – http://blog.smartbear.com/testing/how-testing-fits-into-devops-because-its-here-to-stay/
- How to Dramatically Reduce the Number of Test Cases Combinations Using Pairwise Testing – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/what-is-pairwise-testing/
- If Not Bugs, Then What? – Philip Heath – http://www.thattestingguy.com/if-not-bugs-then-what
- Isn’t that your job? – Beren Van Daele – https://enquiretst.wordpress.com/2015/10/04/the-responsibility-marker/
- Measuring success in Testing – Sean Cresswll – http://chippietester.blogspot.com/2015/10/measuring-success-in-testing.html
- Planning to Performance Test Your App? Think Again! – Jun Zhuang – http://www.stickyminds.com/better-software-magazine-article/planning-performance-test-your-app-think-again
- Shift-Right: How to Test Microservices – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/10/06/shift-right-how-to-test-microservices/
- Testing skills #4 – Note taking – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/10/testing-skills-4-note-taking.html
- The New Model and Testing v Checking – Paul Gerrard – http://gerrardconsulting.com/?q=node/659
- What is MetaAutomation? A Brief Metaphorical View – Matt Griscom – http://metaautomation.blogspot.com/2015/10/what-is-metaautomation-brief.html
- What is MetaAutomation? A Very Brief Technical Overview – Matt Griscom – http://metaautomation.blogspot.com/2015/10/what-is-metaautomation-very-brief.html
- You Can’t Test All the Things: API, IoT, ROI TBD – Paul Bruce – http://blog.smartbear.com/readyapi/you-cant-test-all-the-things-api-iot-roi-tbd/
- Android M Testing with Doze and App Standby – Daniel Knott – http://adventuresinqa.com/2015/10/07/android-m-testing-with-doze-and-app-standby/
- Appium Tip #3: Java Integration with Real Devices on Cloud Service – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-3-java-integration-with-real-devices-on-cloud-service
- Appium Tip #4: Mastering C# for Your Tests, Setup and Some Basics – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-4-mastering-c-for-your-tests-setup-and-some-basics
- Finding the Root Cause of a .Net Application Memory Leak – Jon Fowler – http://eyeonquality.com/finding-the-root-cause-of-a-net-application-memory-leak/
- Page Objects That Make Code More Maintainable – Anton Angelov – http://automatetheplanet.com/page-objects-make-code-more-maintainable/
- Selenium WebDriver: Tools to identify Locators easily – Mohammad Saad – http://binaryclips.com/2015/10/08/selenium-webdriver-tools-to-identify-locators-easily/
- What to look for when buying the latest application testing tools – Matt Heusser, Michael Larsen – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/feature/What-to-look-for-when-buying-the-latest-application-testing-tools
- BBST Foundations Week 4 In Review – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/bbst-foundations-week-4-in-review/
- DEWT6 announced: Communicating testing during software development – Joris Meerts – https://dewt.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/dewt6-announced-communicating-testing-during-software-development/
- Had a blast at CAST! – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/06/had-a-blast-at-cast/
- Had a blast at CAST, from keynotes to talks – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/08/had-a-blast-at-cast-from-keynotes-to-talks/
- Had a blast at CAST, played testing games – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/07/had-a-blast-at-cast-played-testing-games/
- Had a blast at CARST, Yay for KWSQA! – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/09/had-a-blast-at-cast-yay-for-kwsqa/
- Meet the Women Who Test Key Note Speakers – Emily Aliberti – http://blog.utest.com/2015/10/06/meet-the-women-who-test-key-note-speakers/
- Recap: Selenium 2015 Conference – Greg Sypolt – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/10/recap-selenium-2015-conference/
- TestWorksConf 2015 Notes and Information – Alan Richardson – http://seleniumsimplified.com/2015/10/testworksconf-2015-notes-and-information/
- Podcast: Ep 22: Stranger In A Strange Land – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/10/08/ep-22-stranger-in-a-strange-land/
- Podcast: Episode 22 – Stitching Requirements for Hero Tiling – Ben, Joe – http://podcast.testreactor.com/e/episode-22-stitching-requirements-for-hero-tiling/
Items of Interest for Testers
- Audit, testers & whistleblowers – further thoughts on the Volkswagen scandal – James Christie – https://clarotesting.wordpress.com/2015/10/07/audit-testers-whistleblowers-further-thoughts-on-the-volkswagen-scandal/
- Browser Trends October 2015: Sustained Safari Slips – Craig Buckler – http://www.sitepoint.com/browser-trends-october-2015-sustained-safari-slips/
- Winning Testers of the Quarter for Q3, 2015! – Benjamin Melito – http://blog.utest.com/2015/10/06/winning-testers-of-the-quarter-for-q3-2015/
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to email@example.com or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product this year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2015!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!