Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 10/18/15 – 10/24/15.
Articles & Blogs
- 10 Mac OS X Terminal Commands for Testers – Irina Ivanova – http://ivanova-irina.blogspot.com/2015/10/10-mac-os-x-terminal-commands-for.html
- Assessing Risk for a QA Mobile Project – Joe Nolan – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/10/assessing-risk-for-a-qa-mobile-project/
- Benefits and Challenges of Exploratory Testing in Agile – Sanjay Zalavadia – http://quicksoftwaretesting.com/benefits-challenges-exploratory-testing/
- Changing the conversation about change in testing – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/10/changing-conversation-about-change-in.html
- Energy Management vs. Time Management – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/19/energy-management-vs-time-management/
- How to Get a Mobile Testing Job Fast – Mobile Testing Career Guide (Part 1) – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/how-to-get-mobile-testing-jobs/
- Linear Check Steps are Good, but Hierarchical Steps are The Way of the Future – Matt Griscom – http://metaautomation.blogspot.com/2015/10/linear-check-steps-are-good-but.html
- Manage Focus of Your Attention – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/10/20/manage-focus-of-your-attention/
- Mobile Test Pyramid – Daniel Knott – http://adventuresinqa.com/2015/10/19/mobile-test-pyramid/
- Musings on The Single Source Of Truth – Duncan Nisbet – http://www.duncannisbet.co.uk/musings-on-the-single-source-of-truth
- My Best Online Resources to Learn Software Testing – Thanh Huynh – http://www.asktester.com/online-resources-to-learn-software-testing/
- Own Goals – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2015/10/own-goals.html
- Test Case Template for Mobile App Testing in Startups – Martin Poschenrieder – http://blog.testmunk.com/test-case-template-for-mobile-app-testing-in-startups/
- Testing From A Different Point Of View – Ashley Hunsberger – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/10/testing-from-a-different-point-of-view/
- Testing Skills #6 – Speaking the language of business – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/10/testing-skills-6-speaking-language-of.html
- Testing Wearables: The Human Experience – Gerie Owen – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/testing-wearables-human-experience?page=0%2C0
- The Expected – Jesper Lottosen – https://jlottosen.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/theexpected/
- The Top 4 Test Automation Anti-Patterns That Should Scare You – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/10/20/the-top-4-test-automation-anti-patterns-that-should-scare-you/
- The World Through Developer-Covered Glasses: Eight Bad Testing Ideas #5 – Kelli Searfos – https://www.scriptscribe.org/testing/the-world-through-developer-covered-glasses-eight-bad-testing-ideas-5/
- Docker Compose Cucumber for Cross-Browser Testing – Shashikant Jagtap – http://shashikantjagtap.net/docker-compose-cucumber-for-cross-browser-testing/
- Level Up Tests using a custom Assertion Library: Fluent Assertions – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/level-up-tests-using-a-custom-assertion-library-fluent-assertions/
- Model-based testing with GraphWalker and Selenium – part 1 – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/model-based-testing-with-graphwalker-and-selenium-part-1/
- Page Objects with Selenium and Cucumber JVM – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/10/page-objects-with-selenium-and-cucumber-jvm/
- Run Selenium WebDriver JUNIT Scripts in Parallel – Alex Siminuic – http://test-able.blogspot.com/2015/10/run-selenium-webdriver-scripts-in-parallel.html
- Using Cucumber JVM with Selenium WebDriver – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/10/using-cucumber-jvm-with-selenium-webdriver/
- Service virtualization implementation roadblocks – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/service-virtualization-implementation-roadblocks/
- Tor browser proxy for specific country – Viktor Slavchev – http://mrslavchev.com/2015/10/24/tor-browser-proxy-for-specific-country/
- BBST Instructor: week 0 – Karlo Smid – http://zagorskisoftwaretester.blogspot.com/2015/10/bbst-instructor-week-0.html
- Feedback for Conference Speakers – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/10/feedback-for-conference-speakers.html
- MEWT4 Post #2 – A coaching model for model recognition – Ash Winter – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/10/mewt4-post-2-coaching-model-for-model.html
- My First MEWT… – Ash Winter – http://testingisbelieving.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-first-mewt.html
- Putting Quality First through Continuous Testing: STARWEST 2015 Interview with Adam Auerbach – Josiah Renaudin – http://www.stickyminds.com/interview/putting-quality-first-through-continuous-testing-starwest-2015-interview-adam-auerbach
- Thoughts: Tips for preparing for your first conference talk – Kim Knup – https://punkmiktests.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/thoughts-tips-for-preparing-for-your-first-conference-talk/
- eBook: How To Test – the book – Mike Talks – http://testsheepnz.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-to-test-book.html
- eBook: Time is Money: The Business Value of Web Performance [EBOOK] – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/time-is-money-business-value-web-performance-ebook/
- eBook: Writing a blog or writing a book – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/10/writing-blog-or-writing-book.html
Items of Interest for Testers
- Microsoft Will Pay up to $15,000 for Security Flaws in Bug Bounty Program – Shane Schick – https://securityintelligence.com/news/microsoft-will-pay-up-to-15000-for-security-flaws-in-bug-bounty-program/
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product this year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2015!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!