Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 11/29/15 – 12/5/15.
Articles & Blogs
- 6 ways QA can work better with developers – Ori Bendet – http://techbeacon.com/6-ways-qa-can-work-better-developers
- 10 Years Independent – Simon Schrijver – https://simonsaysnomore.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/10-years-independent/
- A 7-part guide to sanity check the hysteria behind holiday website outages – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/website-outage-web-performance-testing-black-friday/
- An Inside Look into Automated Testing at Presinder – Robert Bayer – http://blog.testmunk.com/automated-testing-presinder/
- Bug Automation – Pete Houghton – http://www.investigatingsoftware.co.uk/2015/12/bug-automation.html
- Digital Taylorism & the drive for standardisation – James Christie – https://clarotesting.wordpress.com/2015/12/02/digital-taylorism-the-drive-for-standardisation/
- Exploratory Testing – Daniel Donbavand – http://www.testingtesting321.com/2015/12/181/
- In on the act: Six testing players – Rich Rogers – https://richrtesting.wordpress.com/2015/12/02/in-on-the-act-six-testing-players/
- One year of blogging – Christian Kram – http://www.testknight.de/one-year-of-blogging/
- Permission to think – James Christie – https://clarotesting.wordpress.com/2015/12/03/permission-to-think/
- Testing The Arbitrary: Mind Mapping a Vending Machine – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/testing-the-arbitrary-mind-mapping-a-vending-machine/
- The Fourth Amigo – Adam Knight – http://www.a-sisyphean-task.com/2015/11/the-fourth-amigo.html
- The Impact of Quality-Driven Development – Praveena Ramakrishnan – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/impact-quality-driven-development
- The (Quality) Road Ahead – Ashley Hunsberger – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/the-quality-road-ahead/
- Unit tests are your specification – Seb Rose – http://claysnow.co.uk/unit-tests-are-your-specification/
- Use Test Data Automation to Hypercharge Test Execution – Jessica Paddock – http://eyeonquality.com/use-test-data-automation-to-hypercharge-test-execution/
- Verifying PDF file contents – Freddy Varga – http://vgp-miami.blogspot.com/2015/12/verifying-pdf-file-contents.html
- Which API Metrics Even Matter? – Justin Rohrman – http://blog.smartbear.com/apis/which-api-metrics-even-matter/
- Whiteboard Testing Has Arrived – Richard Bradshaw – http://www.thefriendlytester.co.uk/2015/11/whiteboard-testing-has-arrived.html
- Why integration testing matters more than ever: 6 best practices for CI – Rami Honig – http://techbeacon.com/6-best-practices-integration-testing-ci-environment
- Why you should do your job better than you have to – Anders Dinsen – http://blog.asym.dk/2015/12/01/why-you-should-do-your-job-better-than-you-have-to/
- Appium Tip #12: Useful Timeout Capabilities and Commands – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-12-useful-timeout-capabilities-and-commands
- Distributed Load Testing with JMeter – No Automated Testing – http://www.seleniumtests.com/2015/12/distributed-testing-with-jmeter-when.html
- Review of Visual vs. Functional Testing with pDiff and Applitools – Greg Sypolt – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/review-of-visual-vs-functional-testing-with-pdiff-and-applitools/
- EuroSTAR 2015 Review – What Is Your Why? – Nick Shaw – https://testhuddle.com/eurostar-2015-review-what-is-your-why/
- Re: Toronto Testing Meetup, November Workshop – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/11/30/re-toronto-testing-meetup-november-workshop/
- ROI Robbers in Test Automation: STARWEST 2015 Interview with Greg Paskal – Josiah Renaudin – http://www.stickyminds.com/interview/roi-robbers-test-automation-starwest-2015-interview-greg-paskal
- TestBashNY – Part 1 – Quality Captain – http://www.qualitycaptain.com/testbashny-part-1/
- The BBST Foundations course: Week 2 – Beren Van Daele – https://enquiretst.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/the-bbst-foundations-course-week-2/
- Podcast: AB Testing – Episode 31 – Alan Page, Bren Jensen – http://www.angryweasel.com/ABTesting/?p=100
- Podcast: Ep 29 – Next Best Thing? – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/12/03/ep-29-next-best-thing/
- Podcast: EPISODE 80: Performance Testing in New Contexts [PODCAST] – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/03/episode-80-performance-testing-in-new-contexts-podcast/
Items of Interest for Testers
- Browser Trends December 2015: the Fight for Firefox’s Future – Craig Buckler – http://www.sitepoint.com/browser-trends-december-2015-fight-firefoxs-future/
- Perfecto Mobile releases Mobile Device Coverage Report – http://go.perfectomobile.com/test-coverage-index/
- XBOSoft Releases All About Agile Testing Survey Report 2015 – http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/15/11/p6010251/xbosoft-releases-all-about-agile-testing-survey-report-2015
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2016!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!