Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 12/6/15 – 12/12/15.
Articles & Blogs
- 5 best practices for realistic performance testing – Amichai Nitsan – http://techbeacon.com/5-best-practices-realistic-performance-testing
- 7 Performance Testing Fallacies Undermining Your Test Strategy – Sofía Palamarchuk – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/7-performance-testing-fallacies-undermining-your-test-strategy
- 10 Easy Ways to Make Developers Hate You More – Thanh Huynh – http://www.asktester.com/10-easy-ways-to-make-developers-hate-you/
- A more optimistic conclusion? – James Christie – https://clarotesting.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/a-more-optimistic-conclusion/
- Automation is a Technique, Not Testing – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/12/automation-is-a-technique-not-testing/
- How to find value in customer experience testing – Jennifer Lent – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/opinion/How-to-find-value-in-customer-experience-testing
- HUMBLE: Agile Accessibility Testing Strategy – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/12/11/humble-agile-accessibility-testing-strategy/
- Questioning skills – Mike Talks – http://testsheepnz.blogspot.com/2015/12/questioning-skills.html
- Testers = Translators – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/testers-translators/
- The end of the QA manager? – Alex Siminuic – http://test-able.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-end-of-qa-manager.html
- Transferring testing skills – Lisa Crispin – http://lisacrispin.com/2015/12/06/transferring-testing-skills/
- Where do we testers invest our testing effort and time? – Jyothi Rangaiah – http://chroniclesoftesting.blogspot.com/2015/12/where-do-we-testers-invest-our-testing.html
- Why say QA? – Rich Rogers – https://richrtesting.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/why-say-qa/
- Why Does (Story) Size Matter? – Joe Nolan – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/why-does-story-size-matter/
- Why the Testing Pyramid is Misleading – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/09/why-the-testing-pyramid-is-misleading-think-scales/
- Why you should hire junior testers – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/12/why-you-should-hire-junior-testers.html
- Appium Tip #13: Use Inspector or uiautomatorviewer for UI Element Inspection – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-13-use-inspector-or-uiautomatorviewer-for-ui-element-inspection
- Create Custom Selenium IDE Export to WebDriver – Anton Angelov – http://automatetheplanet.com/create-custom-selenium-ide-export-webdriver/
- Real vs Headless Browsers for Automated Acceptance Tests – Alister Scott – http://watirmelon.com/2015/12/08/real-vs-headless-browsers-for-automated-acceptance-tests/
- Symbiont Now Supports Capybara – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/12/symbiont-now-supports-capybara/
- Top 10 Devices for iOS App Testing – Ville-Veikko Helppi – http://testdroid.com/news/top-10-devices-for-ios-app-testing
- BBST foundations revisited – Christian Kram – http://www.testknight.de/bbst-foundations-revisited/
- GTAC 2015 Wrap Up – Michael Klepikov, Lesley Katzen – http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2015/12/gtac-2015-wrap-up.html
- The BBST Foundations course: Week 3 – Beren Van Daele – https://enquiretst.wordpress.com/2015/12/06/the-bbst-foundations-course-week-3/
- The final TEAM meetup of 2015 – a great end to a great first year – Lee Hawkins – https://therockertester.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/the-final-team-meetup-of-2015-a-great-end-to-a-great-first-year/
- Podcast: Ep 30 – Oh, Arse – Let’s Talk About Tests – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/12/10/ep-30-oh-arse/
- Podcast: EPISODE 81: Mastering Selenium WebDriver [PODCAST] – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/10/episode-81-mastering-selenium-webdriver-podcast/
Items of Interest for Testers
- Yahoo’s Engineers Move to Coding Without a Net – Tekla Perry – http://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/computing/software/yahoos-engineers-move-to-coding-without-a-net
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to email@example.com or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product next year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2016!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!