Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 12/13/15 – 12/19/15.
Articles & Blogs
- 3 Tips To Help Testers Ask Better Questions – Katrina Clokie – http://www.ministryoftesting.com/2015/12/3-tips-to-help-testers-ask-better-questions/
- A Christmas Retrospective – Stephen Janaway – http://stephenjanaway.co.uk/stephenjanaway/experiences/a-christmas-retro/
- Hiring for skills and team diversity – Katrina Clokie – http://katrinatester.blogspot.com/2015/12/hiring-for-skills-and-team-diversity.html
- How to Reproduce a Non-Reproducible Defect and Make Your Testing Effort Worth It – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/how-to-reproduce-a-non-reproducible-defect/
- Roles and Fluidity – Alan Page – http://angryweasel.com/blog/roles-and-fluidity/
- Test Oracles – Daniel Donbavand – http://www.testingtesting321.com/2015/12/203/
- Testing Skills #9 – Differentiating between wants and needs – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/12/testing-skills-9-differentiating.html
- The Important Lessons I Learned This Year About Software Testing – Jason Ogayon – https://onesoftwaretester.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/the-most-important-lessons-i-learned-this-year-about-testing/
- Value in contributing or learning – when to automate tests – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2015/12/value-in-contributing-or-learning-when.html
- What I’ve learned from monitoring four years of web page bloat – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/page-bloat-2015-web-performance-monitoring/
- Why Isn’t Testing Easier? – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2015/12/why-isnt-testing-easier.html
- 5 Most Important Features to Look for in Test Management Tools – Sanjay Zalavadia – http://quicksoftwaretesting.com/test-management-tools-key-features/
- Appium Tip #14: 3 Tricks for Faster Appium Test Script Creation – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-14-3-tricks-for-faster-appium-test-script-creation
- Bug Magnet – Daniel Donbavand – http://www.testingtesting321.com/2015/12/229/
- Data Driven Testing with Nunit 3 – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/data-driven-testing-with-nunit-3/
- Australian Testing Days 2016 – Call for Proposals! – Rajesh Mathur – http://www.dogmatictesting.com/2015/12/australian-testing-days-2016-call-for.html
- Building Your Mobile App Quality Strategy: STARWEST 2015 Interview with Jason Arbon – Jennifer Bonine – http://www.stickyminds.com/interview/building-your-mobile-app-quality-strategy-starwest-2015-interview-jason-arbon
- Cambridge Lean Coffee – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2015/12/cambridge-lean-coffee.html
- Does the Agile Testing Process Work? – A #BAST Lean Beer Summary (1/5) – Michael Larsen – http://www.mkltesthead.com/2015/12/does-agile-testing-process-work-bast.html
- Free (and Almost Free) Training for QA Engineers – Joe Nolan – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/free-and-almost-free-training-for-qa-engineers/
- Recapping DevOps East – Opportunistic QA – Chris Riley – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/recapping-devops-east-opportunistic-qa/
- Cartoon: Power Breakdown in Zurich – Torsten Zelger – http://simply-the-test.blogspot.com/2015/12/power-breakdown-in-zurich.html
- Podcast: AB Testing – Episode 32 – Alan Page, Brent Jensen – http://www.angryweasel.com/ABTesting/?p=103
- Podcast: Ep 31: Tales Of Derring-Do Bad and Good Luck Tales – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/12/17/ep-31-tales-of-derring-do-bad-and-good-luck-tales/
- Podcast: EPISODE 82: Software Craftsmanship – Revenge of the SDET [PODCAST] – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/17/episode-82-software-craftsmanship-revenge-of-the-sdet-podcast/
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to email@example.com or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product next year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2016!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!