Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 12/20/15 – 12/26/15.
Articles & Blogs
- 9 lessons learned from the most popular Performance Beacon posts of 2015 – Tammy Everts – http://www.soasta.com/blog/2015-popular-posts-web-performance/
- An Excellent Way of Data Testing Using XML Technologies (White Paper) – Vijay Shinde – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/data-testing-using-xml-technologies/
- Automate Amazon: Sketch out a Use Case – T.J. Maher – http://adventuresinautomation.blogspot.com/2015/12/automate-amazon-sketch-out-use-case.html
- Balancing Documentation With Speed – Ashley Hunsberger – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/balancing-documentation-with-speed/
- Debunking Myths of Exploratory Testing – Bernie Berger – http://bernieberger1.blogspot.com/2015/12/debunking-myths-of-exploratory-testing.html
- Exploratory Charters in GitHub – Chris Kenst – http://www.kenst.com/2015/12/exploratory-charters-in-github/
- How the Golden Circle can help you become a Great Tester – Gareth Waterhouse – http://www.testingthewaterhouse.com/2015/12/the-golden-circle-of-testing.html
- Rules Design Pattern in Automation Testing – Anton Angelov – http://automatetheplanet.com/rules-design-pattern/
- Should you separate UX testing and software testing? – Gerie Owen – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/answer/Should-you-separate-UX-testing-and-software-testing
- Talking About Testing – Stephen Janaway – http://stephenjanaway.co.uk/stephenjanaway/experiences/talking-testing/
- Test Automation skills for 2016 – Aditya Kalra – http://go-gaga-over-testing.blogspot.com/2015/12/test-automation-skills-for-2016.html
- Test Case Pains – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/test-case-pains/
- Test Execution Model – updated – John Stevenson – http://steveo1967.blogspot.com/2015/12/test-execution-model-updated.html
- Testing the Design – Part I – Jyothi Rangaiah – http://chroniclesoftesting.blogspot.com/2015/12/testing-design.html
- The Year of Gerald Weinberg – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2015/12/21/the-year-of-gerald-weinberg/
- Top 10 Reasons for Flaky Automated Tests – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/21/top-10-reasons-for-flaky-automated-tests/
- Using the Silo Effect to Your Advantage – Jon Hagar – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/using-silo-effect-your-advantage
- Wireframes – Should They Really Be Tested? And If So, How? – Bhumika Mehta – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/wireframes-prototype-testing/
- You Meta Watch Out – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2015/12/you-meta-watch-out.html
- Appium Tip #15: Breaking Off From Restrictions of Appium – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-15-breaking-off-from-restrictions-of-appium
- Browser extensions for testing – Aditya Kalra – http://go-gaga-over-testing.blogspot.com/2015/12/browser-extensions-for-testing.html
- Selenium tests with pytest – Dave – http://blargon7.com/2015/12/selenium-tests-with-pytest/
- The BBST Foundations course: Week 4 – Beren Van Daele – https://enquiretst.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/the-bbst-foundations-course-week-4/
- The Fundamentals of Agile: STARWEST 2015 Interview with Jeff Payne – Jennifer Bonine – http://www.stickyminds.com/interview/fundamentals-agile-starwest-2015-interview-jeff-payne
- Podcast: News Of The Damned 12-10-2015 – Mark Tomlinson, James Pulley – http://www.perfbytes.com/news-of-the-damned-12-10-2015
- Podcast: Testing in the Pub Episode 24 – Leaving Testing – Stephen Janaway & Dan Ashby – http://testinginthepub.co.uk/testinginthepub/testing/testing-in-the-pub-episode-24-leaving-testing/
Items of Interest for Testers
- 5 Traits of successful uTesters – Part 2 – Lucas Dargis – http://lucasdargis.com/5-traits-of-successful-utesters-part-2/
- New uTest Community Offers QA and QE Software Testing Network – Richard Harris – https://appdevelopermagazine.com/3455/2015/12/22/New-uTest-Community-Offers-QA-and-QE-Software-Testing-Network/
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product next year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2016!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!