Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 12/27/15 – 1/2/16.
Articles & Blogs
- 6 Practical Ideas to Stay Creative in Software Testing – Simon Knight – http://www.ministryoftesting.com/2016/01/practical-ideas-to-stay-creative-in-software-testing/
- Accessibility (AX) Testing in the DevOps Chain – Ashley Hunsberger – http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/12/accessibility-ax-testing-in-the-devops-chain/
- Automate Amazon: CommonUtils, methods and exceptions – T.J. Maher – http://adventuresinautomation.blogspot.com/2015/12/automate-amazon-commonutils-methods-and.html
- Automate Amazon: Writing a Sign In Test – T.J. Maher – http://adventuresinautomation.blogspot.com/2015/12/automate-amazon-writing-sign-in-test.html
- Automation Language Is Not (Necessarily) Your Development Language – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2015/12/automation-language-is-not-necessarily-your-development-language/
- Considering User Experience when Testing Push Notifications in Messaging Apps – Ritinder Kaur – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/considering-user-experience-when-testing-push-notifications-messaging-apps
- Dealing with difficult conversations in testing – Andrei Contan – http://andrei.contan.ro/dealing-with-difficult-conversations-in-testing/
- Ethics of Software Testing – Bernie Berger – http://bernieberger1.blogspot.com/2015/12/ethics-of-software-testing.html
- Instructional vs. Intentional Scripting – Patrick Prill – https://testpappy.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/instructional-vs-intentional-scripting/
- Less Is More: Picking Your Test Automation Language – Michael Stahl – http://www.stickyminds.com/article/less-more-picking-your-test-automation-language
- Testpappy’s International Testing Standard – Patrick Prill – https://testpappy.wordpress.com/2015/12/27/testpappys-international-testing-standard/
- Testing, async, asyncio, and performance – Harry Percival – http://www.obeythetestinggoat.com/testing-async-asyncio-and-performance.html
- Understanding the Difference Between Performance and Functional Testers – Justin Rohrman – http://blog.smartbear.com/performance-testing/difference-between-performance-and-functional-testers/
- Appium Tip #16: Finding Elements with Appium Automation Engine – Lasse Häll – http://testdroid.com/news/appium-tip-16-finding-elements-with-appium-automation-engine
- Iterating over a CSV file in JMeter – Oliver Erlewein – http://hellotestworld.com/2015/12/30/iterating-over-a-csv-file-in-jmeter/
- Real Time JMeter Results Using Backend Listener – Testing Forum – http://www.seleniumtests.com/2015/12/real-time-jmeter-result-using-backend.html
- REST-assured How to Check Response Times – Joe Colantonio – http://www.joecolantonio.com/2015/12/28/rest-assured-how-to-check-response-times/
- Using wrapper methods for better error handling in Selenium – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/using-wrapper-methods-for-better-error-handling-in-selenium/
- comparison of foundation courses – Christian Kram – http://www.testknight.de/comparison-of-foundation-courses/
- Cartoon: Performance Testing applied – Torsten Zelger – http://simply-the-test.blogspot.com/2015/12/performance-testing-applied.html
- Podcast: Ep 32: Totally addicted to stats – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2015/12/31/ep-32-totally-addicted-to-stats/
Looking Back at 2015 & Looking Forward to 2016
- 13 Experts Share Their 2016 Software Industry Predictions [SlideShare] – Ryan Pinkham – http://blog.smartbear.com/devops/software-industry-trends/
- For 2016, take charge of your career in software testing – Matt Heusser – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/tip/For-2016-take-charge-of-your-career-in-software-testing
- How Do I Work This? – Michael Larsen – http://www.mkltesthead.com/2015/12/how-do-i-work-this.html
- Next Big Things in the IT or QA Field in 2016 and STH Review of the Year 2015 – Swati Seela – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/next-big-things-in-the-it-or-qa-field-in-2016-and-sth-review-of-the-year-2015/
- New Years Resolutions for Testers – Maayan – http://qablog.practitest.com/2015/12/new-years-resolutions-testers/
- Resolutions of a Tester 2016 – Brendan Connolly – http://www.brendanconnolly.net/resolutions-of-a-tester-2016/
State of Testing Survey 2016 – It’s Coming!
- State of Testing Survey 2016 – Coming Soon! – Matt Hutchison – http://blog.testingcurator.com/2015/12/31/state-of-testing-survey-2016-coming-soon/
- State Your Business – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2015/12/state-your-business.html
Do you have a conference, webinar, workshop or testing event you would like to have added to this list?
Do you write a blog and don’t see your posting here? There is a chance, I may not be following your blog yet.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a direct message via Twitter to @TestingCurator and I will add your event or site to the list of places that I track!
Testing Curator is launching a new product next year. Sign up to our newsletter today to find out how you can be one of the first testers to access the ONLY comprehensive and searchable data warehouse of all things testing – Coming 2016!
TESTING CURATOR – Where testers find what they’re searching for!