Our fifth featured speaker who will be at Global Testing Retreat 2016 is Kalpna Gulati.
1. What attracted you to speaking at GTR 2016 this year?
I had heard of this event and found it a good place where in the focus of events is in testing and innovative ideas. Through this event we can convey all the modern ways of moving the tech industry to innovative thinking and processes.
2. What are you most looking forward to at this year’s conference?
Networking with likeminded folks and a fruitful and constructive discussion on new and emerging trends in technology.
3. What piece of advice would you give conference attendees to maximize their experience at GTR 2016?
Go out and listen….Go out and question…Go out and explore.
4. What are your favorite reading references (books/blogs/etc) that have helped your grow as a testing professional?
I have worked in all roles from development to testing to devops. Overall, with the current shift in the way the software industry runs, it is difficult to stay in a single role at any instance of time.We all have to wear different hats and take on different roles. Regarding books and references, since most of my work has been primarily involved in development, I rely a lot on the architecture and design centric books.
5. What do you enjoy about the testing “field”/what keeps you in testing?
As mentioned , I have been through all the roles at several instances of time. However, the freedom that testing offers where in you can question anything in the system and come to logical conclusions gives a deep sense of accomplishment.
6. What do you think is the most important skill(s) software testers should have?
-Question the unquestioned
-Learn to code
7. What advice would you give to new testers or to those looking to find their “testing spark” for reigniting their passion for testing?
Testing would give you the freedom and a sense of creative satisfaction, so go ahead and get your hands dirty!!
Kalpna Gulati will be speaking on “Service Virtualization – An arm that comes HANDY!!”
Global Testing Retreat(GTR) is a global QA and Testing Professional Conference (“UnConference”) featuring not only real world experience and thought leadership in the QA and Testing industry but a chance to participate in various testing, agile and sports competitions. Agile Testing Alliance is organizing this first of the kind global event in Pune, India. GTR wants all the testers to enjoy this 3 day event not only for learnings but to un-wind and have fun while participating in various events a truly one of a kind TESTING RETREAT.
GTR is brought to you by Agile Testing Alliance (ATA).
You can find more information about GTR 2016 by going to the following links:
Previous speakers featured from the Global Testing Retreat 2016 – Speaker Series: