Our eighth featured speaker who will be at Global Testing Retreat 2016 is Dipanjan Haldar.
1. What attracted you to speaking at GTR 2016 this year?
I came across this event and found it to be great platform for sharing thoughts and focus on testing and innovative ideas.
2. What are you most looking forward to at this year’s conference?
Learning and networking with the best minds in testing industry and constructive discussion on the emerging trends in technology.
3. What piece of advice would you give conference attendees to maximize their experience at GTR 2016?
Listen, Think and Collaborate.
4. What are your favorite reading references (books/blogs/etc) that have helped your grow as a testing professional?
I have worked in many roles from functional testing to performance testing to devops. In this fast paced software industry, it is difficult to stay in a single role at any instance of time. We all have to upgrade our skills and expertise on a daily basis and need to wear different hats based on the trends. Regarding books and references, google is my best friend till date.
5. What do you enjoy about the testing “field”/what keeps you in testing?
The freedom to think independently and challenge the assumptions.
6. What do you think is the most important skill(s) software testers should have?
– Out of box thinking
7. What advice would you give to new testers or to those looking to find their “testing spark” for reigniting their passion for testing?
Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable and you have the biggest say in its usability. Keep Testing!!!
Dipanjan Haldar will be speaking on “Continuous performance testing with Taurus and Jmeter.”
You can find Dipanjan online at:
Global Testing Retreat(GTR) is a global QA and Testing Professional Conference (“UnConference”) featuring not only real world experience and thought leadership in the QA and Testing industry but a chance to participate in various testing, agile and sports competitions. Agile Testing Alliance is organizing this first of the kind global event in Pune, India. GTR wants all the testers to enjoy this 3 day event not only for learnings but to un-wind and have fun while participating in various events a truly one of a kind TESTING RETREAT.
GTR is brought to you by Agile Testing Alliance (ATA).
You can find more information about GTR 2016 by going to the following links:
Previous speakers featured from the Global Testing Retreat 2016 – Speaker Series: