Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 3/19/17 – 3/25/17.
Articles & Blogs
- 5 Ways to Overcome Your Hatred of Test Documentation – Michael Stahl – https://www.stickyminds.com/article/5-ways-overcome-your-hatred-test-documentation
- Better Test Reporting – Data-Driven Storytelling – Trevor Atkins – http://thinktesting.com/articles/better-test-reporting/
- Creativity and testing – Lee Hawkins – https://therockertester.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/creativity-and-testing/
- Fact checking: “Is testing certification worth it for getting a job?” – Albert Gareev – http://automation-beyond.com/2017/03/22/fact-checking-is-testing-certification-worth-it-for-getting-a-job/
- Implication of emphasis on automation in CI – Martin Jansson – http://thetesteye.com/blog/2017/03/implication-of-emphasis-on-automation-in-ci/
- Performance Testing Tutorial – starting point – Łukasz Rosłonek – http://testdetective.com/performance-testing-tutorial/
- Regression Tests: A Double Edged Sword – Dave Westerveld – https://offbeattesting.com/2017/03/22/regression-tests-a-double-edged-sword/
- Sharing the duty – Christian Kram – http://www.testknight.de/sharing-the-duty/
- Shifting Left on Your Journey to Continuous Testing: An Interview with Adam Auerbach – Jennifer Bonine – https://www.stickyminds.com/interview/shifting-left-your-journey-continuous-testing-interview-adam-auerbach
- Stop Telling Testers to Prevent Issues – Cassandra Leung – http://www.cassandrahl.com/blog/stop-telling-testers-to-prevent-issues/
- The Definition Game – Matt Heusser – http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/uncharted-waters/the-definition-game/
- The other side of the interview table – Matthew Bretten – http://bestofthetest.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-other-side-of-interview-table.html
- Want to Lead by example ? …. be “emotionally nimble” – Sunjeet Khokhar – https://thereluctanttester.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/want-to-lead-by-example-be-emotionally-nimble/
- Appium Tutorial for Testing Andoid and iOS Mobile Apps – Neeraj – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/appium-tutorial-for-beginners/
- Are you sure the bus line is still listed?: Interacting with the MBTA’s API using REST Assured – TJ. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/03/are-you-sure-bus-line-is-still-listed.html
- Assessment System for Tests’ Architecture Design- Facade Based Tests – Anton Angelov – https://automatetheplanet.com/assessment-system-tests-architecture-design-facade-based-tests/
- Do not store element locators in property files – Alex Siminuic – https://seleniumjava.com/2017/03/19/do-not-store-element-locators-in-property-files/
- Selenium WebDriver – Locating Web elements using CSS selectors – David Tzemach – http://www.machtested.com/2017/03/selenium-webdriver-locating-web.html
- Selenium WebDriver – Taking screenshot for a specific element (C#) – David Tzemach – http://www.machtested.com/2017/03/selenium-webdriver-taking-screenshot.html
- Selenium WebDriver – Using the Text Field and Button elements (C#) – David Tzemach – http://www.machtested.com/2017/03/selenium-webdriver-using-text-field-and.html
- Testers Toolkit – Michal Zima – http://www.houseoftest.net/en/2017/03/testers-toolkit/
- Using Charles from the command line – Darrell Grainger – http://darrellgrainger.blogspot.com/2017/03/using-charles-from-command-line.html
- NWEWT #2 Growing Testers – Matthew Bretten – http://bestofthetest.blogspot.com/2017/03/nwewt-2-growing-testers.html
- Improving your craftsmanship through conferences – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/improving-your-craftsmanship-through-conferences/
- Podcast: 145: Automation Testing Maturity Curve with Danny McKeown – Joe Colantonio – https://joecolantonio.com/testtalks/145-automation-testing-maturity-curve-danny-mckeown/
- Podcast: Ep 2: Father Ted – Speed 3 – Neil Studd, Dan Billing – http://screentesting.libsyn.com/ep-2-father-ted-speed-3
- Podcast: Episode #18: Python 3 has some amazing types and you can now constructively insult your shell! – Michael Kennedy – https://pythonbytes.fm/episodes/show/18/python-3-has-some-amazing-types-and-you-can-now-constructively-insult-your-shell
As always, we are on the look out for posts that other testers have found of interest and value. Please share your favorite articles, blog posts, books, podcasts, slide shares, or videos that you think will benefits the testing community and we will add those to our curating sources.
You can comment on the blog, send an email, or leave a message on Twitter.
Thank you for your positive feedback, mentions, shares, and retweeting Testing Bits every week!