Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 3/26/17 – 4/1/17.
Articles & Blogs
- Automated testing vs manual testing – security perspective – Sławomir Radzymiński – http://www.awesome-testing.com/2017/03/automated-testing-vs-manual-testing.htm
- Enable Testers with a Better User Acceptance Testing Process: An Interview with Jim Trentadue – Jennifer Bonine – https://www.stickyminds.com/interview/enable-testers-better-user-acceptance-testing-process-interview-jim-trentadue
- How do you interview testers? – Alan Richardson – http://blog.eviltester.com/2017/03/how-do-you-interview-testers.html
- How I would approach creating automated user interface-driven tests – Bas Dijkstra – http://www.ontestautomation.com/how-i-would-approach-creating-automated-user-interface-driven-tests/
- Let the ‘Agile Manifesto’ guide your testing efforts! – Nishi Grover Garg – https://testwithnishi.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/let-the-agile-manifesto-guide-your-testing-efforts/
- You Shouldn’t be a Tester If … – James Thomas – http://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2017/04/you-shouldnt-be-tester-if.html
- Assessment System for Tests’ Architecture Design- Behaviour Based Tests – Anton Angelov – https://automatetheplanet.com/assessment-system-tests-architecture-design-behaviour-based-tests/
- Katalon Studio Tutorial: A Free Test Automation Tool You Have Been Waiting For – Swati Seela – http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/katalon-studio-tutorial/
- Learning Serenity: Scaffolding a new project with Maven Archetypes – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/03/learning-serenity-scaffolding-new.html
- Learning Serenity: Studying BDD using The Cucumber Book and BDD in Action – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/03/learning-serenity-studying-bdd-using.html
- New automation framework released to test APIs: Introducing Karate, by Intuit India’s Peter Thomas – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/03/new-automation-framework-released-to.html
- March 29, 2017: Talks on Performance Testing and REST Assured at the Ministry of Testing – Boston Meetup – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/03/march-29-2017-talks-on-performance.html
- Surviving my first Testbash – Lee – https://thegrowingtester.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/surviving-my-first-testbash/
- Podcast: 146: Top 12 Takeaways – Automation Guild Conference Recap – Joe Colantonio – https://joecolantonio.com/testtalks/146-automation-guild/
- Podcast: Conferences and Conferring – Matt Heusser, Michael Larsen – http://thetestingshow.libsyn.com/conferences-and-conferring
- Podcast: Episode #19: Put your Python dictionaries in a box and apparently Python is really wanted – Michael Kennedy – https://pythonbytes.fm/episodes/show/19/put-your-python-dictionaries-in-a-box-and-apparently-python-is-really-wanted
- Podcast: Ep 75: What is the plural of syllabus? – Gem Hill – http://letstalkabouttests.xyz/index.php/2017/03/29/ep-75-what-is-the-plural-of-syllabus/
As always, we are on the look out for posts that other testers have found of interest and value. Please share your favorite articles, blog posts, books, podcasts, slide shares, or videos that you think will benefits the testing community and we will add those to our curating sources. You can comment on the blog, send an email, or leave a message on Twitter.
Thank you for your positive feedback, mentions, shares, and retweeting Testing Bits every week!