Here is this week’s collection of articles, blogs, and announcements covering the days of 4/9/17 – 4/15/17.
Articles & Blogs
- Continuous Mobile Testing – Joe Schulz – http://eyeonquality.com/continuous-mobile-testing/
- Development Lessons Ported to Testing – Jeff Nyman – http://testerstories.com/2017/04/development-lessons-ported-to-testing/
- Don’t be an Automation Miser – Dave Westerveld – https://offbeattesting.com/2017/04/12/dont-be-an-automation-miser/
- Overcome Test Automation Plateaus with Service Virtualization – Alexander Mohr, Cynthia Dunlop – https://www.stickyminds.com/article/overcome-test-automation-plateaus-service-virtualization
- Our Team’s First Mobbing Session – Elisabeth Hocke – http://www.lisihocke.com/2017/04/our-teams-first-mobbing-session.html
- The Four Hour Tester – Interpretation as a Team Exercise – Ash Winter – http://testingisbelieving.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-four-hour-tester-interpretation-as.html
- Trust Your Testing Team and Stop Leading from the Front: An Interview with Bob Galen – Josiah Renaudin – https://www.stickyminds.com/interview/trust-your-testing-team-and-stop-leading-front-interview-bob-galen
- Unit Test! – Dave Westerveld – https://offbeattesting.com/2017/04/13/unit-test/
- What do I look for in a candidate – Always Fearful – https://always-fearful.blogspot.com/2017/04/what-do-i-look-for-in-candidate.html
- What Skills #MakeATester – The Results – Simon Prior – https://priorsworld.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/what-skills-makeatester-the-results/
- Words and Meaning: A Mobius Relationship – Part 1 – Damian Synadinos – http://www.ineffable-solutions.com/single-post/2017/04/11/Words-and-Meaning-A-mobius-relationship-Part-1
- You Say Test I Say Check. On We Go. – Richard Bradshaw – http://www.thefriendlytester.co.uk/2017/04/you-say-test-i-say-check-on-we-go.html
- Are You Still Looking For A Test Automation Framework? – Hari Charan – https://huddle.eurostarsoftwaretesting.com/still-looking-test-automation-framework/
- Beyond BDD with Cucumber – Michael Fritzius – https://testzius.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/beyond-bdd-with-cucumber/
- Don’t Eat Stale Automation – Paul Grizzaffi – https://responsibleautomation.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/dont-eat-stale-automation/
- How to use locators with parameters – Alex Siminuic – https://seleniumjava.com/2017/04/15/how-to-use-locators-with-parameters/
- Running Gatling through Gradle – Complete Beginner’s Guide – James Willett – http://james-willett.com/2017/04/running-gatling-through-gradle/
- Want to be a testing guru? Use reachability graphs (Part 2) – Mario – http://ortask.com/reachability-graphs-part-2/
- Lego automation workshop by Richard Bradshaw – Bhagya Perera – https://bhagyagdm.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/lego-automation-workshop-by-richard-bradshaw/
- Pakistan Software Quality Conference 2017 – Majd Uddin – https://knowledgetester.org/2017/04/11/pakistan-software-quality-conference-2017/
- SeConf2017: Rethinking Appium’s Code Base, Notes – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/04/even-though-i-have-been-qa-engineer-for.html
- SeConf2017: Security Testing, Dockerizing Tests using Appium, Notes – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/04/seconf2017-security-testing-dockerizing.html
- SeConf2017: Microsoft is automating Windows, Intuit automating Mac Apps, all with Appium! – T.J. Maher – http://www.tjmaher.com/2017/04/seconf2017-microsoft-is-automating.html
- Magazines: #20 April 2017 – Testing Trapeze – Katrina Clokie – http://www.testingtrapezemagazine.com/magazine/april-2017/
- Podcast: 148: Foundations of Modern Software Testing with Rex Black – Joe Colantonio – https://joecolantonio.com/testtalks/148-foundations-modern-software-testing-rex-black/
- Podcast: Exploring Roles in and Around Testing – Matt Heusser – http://thetestingshow.libsyn.com/exploring-roles-in-and-around-testing
- Podcast: Episode #21: Python has a new star framework for RESTful APIs – Michael Kennedy – https://pythonbytes.fm/episodes/show/21/python-has-a-new-star-framework-for-restful-apis
As always, we are on the look out for posts that other testers have found of interest and value. Please share your favorite articles, blog posts, books, podcasts, slide shares, or videos that you think will benefits the testing community and we will add those to our curating list.
You can comment on the blog, send an email, or leave a message on Twitter.
Thank you for your positive feedback, mentions, shares, and retweeting Testing Bits every week!