Sorry about the delay in this week’s edition. I was overly optimistic that I could keep to my schedule after elbow surgery, but discovered it wasn’t going to happen. Better late than never.
Here is this week’s edition of curated collection of announcements, articles, blog posts, and news from the software testing community covering the days of July 18th – July 24th, 2021.
- Agile Vs. DevOps: What’s the difference? – Rose Bronwen – https://huddle.eurostarsoftwaretesting.com/agile-vs-devops-whats-the-difference/
- An Analytical Approach to Setting Severity of Bugs – Bashiul Alam Sabab – https://bashiul.hashnode.dev/an-analytical-approach-to-setting-severity-of-bugs
- An introductory guide to mobile app security testing – Gerie Owen – https://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/tip/An-introductory-guide-to-mobile-app-security-testing
- APIs Unleashed 02: Handling Auth Types – Pricilla Bilavendran, Priyanka Brahmane – https://synapse-qa.com/2021/07/22/apisunleashed-handling-authtypes/
- Basic Aspects of Performance Testing – Klaudia – https://testingtraveler.com/2021/07/23/basic-aspects-of-performance-testing/
- Desperately seeking testing – James Bach – https://www.tricentis.com/blog/desperately-seeking-testing/
- Disrupt and shakeup your testing Career! – Richard Forjoe – https://medium.com/@rforjoe/disrupt-and-shakeup-your-testing-career-9bae4dc53f39
- Documentation, another case of rapidly diminishing returns – Allan Kelly – https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/archives/5516/documentation-another-case-of-rapidly-diminishing-returns/
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset – Emna Ayadi – https://emnaayadi.com/2021/07/21/exploring-requirements/
- How much QA is too much – Ash Davies – https://medium.com/@ashdavies/how-much-qa-is-too-much-qa-c5a25c9b9bcb
- How To Use Structure To Overcome Uncertainty – Antoine Craske – https://qeunit.com/blog/how-to-use-structure-to-overcome-uncertainty/
- Introduction to Sanity Testing – QeCafe – https://www.qekafe.com/introduction-to-sanity-testing/
- Leadership in Test: Managing Performance Testing – Paul Gerrard – https://theqalead.com/topics/managing-performance-testing/
- Leadership Tip #11: Substitute the Word Trust for Empower – Johanna Rothman – https://www.jrothman.com/mpd/2021/07/leadership-tip-11-substitute-the-word-trust-for-empower/
- Mapping the Future in Ensemble Testing – Maaret Pyhäjärvi – https://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2021/07/mapping-future-in-ensemble-testing.html
- Revisiting Jerry’s famous Mary had a little lamb heuristic – Shrini Kulkarni – http://shrinik.blogspot.com/2021/07/revisiting-jerrys-famous-mary-had.html
- Schools of Software Testing: Useful or Negative Influence? – Christ Kenst – https://context-driven-testing.com/schools-of-software-testing-useful-or-negative-influence/
- SDET vs. True Tester – Role of Codeless Automation – Subrata Sahoo – https://blog.testproject.io/2021/07/20/sdet-vs-true-tester-role-of-codeless-automation/
- Setting Challenges to Drive Innovation – Adam Knight – https://www.a-sisyphean-task.com/2021/07/setting-challenges-to-drive-innovation.html
- The Future of Software Testing – Ekrem Kurt – https://ekremkurt1907.medium.com/the-future-of-software-testing-67d8c82c0ecd
- The Importance of Shift-Left Testing – Constance Drugeout – https://www.softwaretestingnews.co.uk/the-importance-of-shift-left-testing/
- Using SuperTest to test API’s – Samantha Connelly – https://bughuntersam.com/using-supertest-to-test-apis/
- What are the types of Authentication for your APIs? How to configure that in Postman? – Pricilla Bilavendran – https://bpricilla.medium.com/what-are-the-types-of-authentication-for-your-apis-how-to-configure-that-in-postman-5e00fc5822e5
- Why You Should Have a Mentor in Your QA Career – Paulo Oliveira – https://blog.testproject.io/2021/07/19/why-you-should-have-a-mentor-in-your-qa-career/
Are you familiar with the platform Racket? From our perspective it’s Twitter meets podcasting capturing what you want to say for a maximum of 9 minutes.
Chris Kenst and Neil Studd are already using this platform. Not surprisingly, many testers are also trying it out.
Last week on LinkedIn, we made a request that if you have a Racket account and are involved in testing or quality in any way to please list your link to your Racket content. It would be awesome if we can discover other voices in the testing community via this platform.
If you want me promote you account, please go to the following URL on LinkedIn and list your link. Or you can send an email or direct message to us at Testing Curator
Testing Curator will continue to compile these links and will send out a list in the near future.
- Leaders in Tech: Nick Longley – Constance Drugeout – https://www.softwaretestingnews.co.uk/leaders-in-tech-nick-longley/
- PML#001 – We have lift-off! – Neil Studd – https://blog.neilstudd.com/pml-001
- Quality At The Service of Customer Satisfaction – Antoine Craske – https://qeunit.com/blog/quality-at-the-service-of-customer-satisfaction/
- API testing with WebdriverIO and swagger – Marcelo Soares – https://medium.com/assertqualityassurance/api-testing-with-webdriverio-and-swagger-da15c8e54d52
- Automation In Scala: Publish Allure reports with Github Actions – Oleksandr Romanov – https://alexromanov.github.io/2021/07/19/allure-github-actions/
- Can Automated Execution find defects? – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/blog/eviltester/2021/07/automated-execution-finds-defects/
- Ensuring consistent Playwright tests with “repeat each” – Alister Scott – https://alisterbscott.com/2021/07/19/ensuring-consistent-playwright-tests-with-repeat-each/
- How To Generate Code Coverage Report Using JaCoCo-Maven Plugin – Harshit Paul – https://www.lambdatest.com/blog/reporting-code-coverage-using-maven-and-jacoco-plugin/
- How To Use CSS Breakpoints For Responsive Design – Nimritee – https://www.lambdatest.com/blog/how-to-use-css-breakpoints-for-responsive-design/
- Is Your Test Automation on Track? Maintenance is the key – Zhimin Zhan – https://medium.com/geekculture/is-your-test-automation-on-track-maintenance-is-the-key-267ddb94b525
- Most Exhaustive XPath Locators Cheat Sheet – Vinayak Sharma – https://www.lambdatest.com/blog/most-exhaustive-xpath-locators-cheat-sheet/
- Playwright’s “retry with video” – Alister Scott – https://alisterbscott.com/2021/07/19/playwrights-retry-with-video/
- “Sherman, Set The WABAC Machine” (Slight Return) – Automation Assist – Paul Grizzaffi – https://responsibleautomation.wordpress.com/2021/07/19/sherman-set-the-wabac-machine-slight-return-automation-assist/
- Starting Over Again: Retooling a Legacy Application for Test Automation – Michael Larsen – https://www.ranorex.com/blog/retooling-legacy-application/
- Technical coding interviews for testers? Alister Scott – https://alisterbscott.com/2021/07/19/technical-coding-interviews-for-testers/
- The 10–10–10 Rule of Test Automation – Jolivé Hodehou – https://blog.testproject.io/2021/07/21/the-10-10-10-rule-of-test-automation/
- UI Performance Analysis via Selenium WebDriver – Anton Angelov – https://www.automatetheplanet.com/ui-performance-analysis-webdriver-csharp/
- WinAppDriver: First step into Windows app Test automation using WebdriverIO and WinAppDriver – Praveen David Matthew – https://praveendavidmathew.medium.com/winappdriver-first-step-into-windows-app-test-automation-using-webdriverio-and-winappdriver-46320d89570b
- Top 49 Web Development Tools for 2021 – Arnab Roy Chowdhury – https://www.lambdatest.com/blog/top-web-development-tools-for-2021/
- Testing Contests – What, Where, Who, Why, When, and How (5W 1H) – Rahul Parwal – https://synapse-qa.com/2021/07/19/testing-contests-5w1h/
- The Future of Testing? GRRrrr! – James Thomas – https://qahiccupps.blogspot.com/2021/07/the-future-of-testing-grrrrr.html
In the News
- New report on how financial organizations move fast without breaking things – Cynthia Dunlop – https://www.tricentis.com/blog/new-report-on-how-financial-organizations-move-fast-without-breaking-things/
- The Importance of Accessibility – Sauce Labs – https://saucelabs.com/blog/the-importance-of-accessibility
- Cartoon: The Little Tester #156 – Corina Pip – https://imalittletester.com/2021/07/19/the-little-tester-156/
- Podcast: Future of Work with Raj Subrameyer – Joe Colantonio – https://testguild.com/podcast/automation/a357-raj/
- Podcast: Podcast Episode 34 – How Did QA Miss This? – Testing Peers – https://testingpeers.com/?p=1029
- Podcast: Automated Testing w/ testRigor CEO Artem Golubev & Paul Grossman – Jonathon Wright – https://theqalead.com/podcast/automated-testing-artem-golubev-paul-grossman/
- Podcast: Waste in Software Development – Brian Okken – https://testandcode.com/161
- Video: Challenge 24 – How To – POST todos JSON accept XML – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/apichallenges/howto/24-post-json-accept-xml/
- Video: Challenges 25, 26, 27, 28 – How To – status codes – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/apichallenges/howto/25-26-27-28-status-codes-405-500-501-204/
- Video: Challenge 29 – How To – Authentication 401 – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/apichallenges/howto/29-authentication-post-secret-token/
- Video: Challenge 30 – How To – Authentication 201 – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/apichallenges/howto/30-authentication-post-secret-token-201/
- Video: Challenge 31 – How To – Forbidden 403 – Alan Richardson – https://www.eviltester.com/apichallenges/howto/31-secret-note-forbidden-403/
- Video: REST API: MOCKING A DYNAMIC ENDPOINT USING EXPRESS [TS] – Richard Forjoe – https://medium.com/@rforjoe/rest-api-mocking-a-dynamic-endpoint-using-express-ts-fea2f28cd282
Testing Curator now has a weekly newsletter. If you haven’t subscribed yet, be sure to signup for the Newsletter today!
If you like what Testing Curator is doing each week, please be sure to tell your Testing friends to register as well. Because everyone is responsible for quality, it’s o.k. to tell your Developer, DevOp, Project Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master, and UX friends as well.
Do you have an event that you would like to have announced? Do you have a product that is launching? Do you have an upcoming book release? Have you organized an upcoming testing conference? Is your blog post missing from our list this week?